+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 22 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

I don't think we should fold our arms but we've got 2 think b4 going der, where will u tell dem u saw d list? It's not been released officially. As soon as d list comes out on nddc website we'll go there n complain but 4 now I don't think it's a wise decision
    Can Do likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy4reel View Post
    Hey guys am probably the Newest person to this forum but I bring you good tidings so much more that you guys will respect me for life lol just kidding. I have been able to gather unofficially the names of those in each state who have made it to the final Selection list of the NDDC for the 2012 foreign scholarship.

The decision by NDDC was based on a cut off Mark of 26 and all those above 26 were selected. From 3100 candidates 1089 in total made it to the final list. The few chosen will be contacted soon once a date has been decided for their interview. To confirm this please navigate to this link:

http://www.nddc.gov.ng/shortlisted3/

In the interest of not getting NDDC to shut down this link I advice we all keep the identity of this link on the low until it has been officially published by them. Please don't ask me how I got to know about that link, ask my web crawler lol who can scavenge from any site. Just make sure your site is not a target lol.

Once again congratulations to you all that made it to the final list, and I hope to see you guys at the top soon. Please keep an eye out for the date when the interview will be held and communicate any further updates from NDDC to the forum as soon as you become aware of one.

If you appreciate my ingenious help then drop a word of thank you to consolidate the effort.

Warm Regards,

wiseguy4reel (0814230916)
    Thanks, wiseguy for the info. In reference to the boldened words here quoted, do you mean to say that NDDC will be awarding scholarships to the 1089 scholars, or will the number be further pruned down at the interview stage?

Thanks.
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

Well there are 2 sides to the story. One you need to meet the cut off mark of 26 and the other you need to have a slot of availability in your state which is subject to how people performed in your state region. So for example if there are 160 slots for your state (based on your state's quota of crude oil production) and 159 people had above 35 then in practice the state allocation method of elimination super-seeds the cut off mark method of elimination and in such a case you more likely to be left out not because you did not meet the cut off mark for the selection, but because too many people within your state made it above you so much more that the quota for your state has been exhausted before your score could be considered as relevant to the decision.

I must say some states were more competitive than others, and similarly some state had too many intelligent people all crowded for the same award. I know states like Imo and Abia was full of brains because their scores were something else. Both criteria must work in your favor for you to be selected.

Hope this helps any one with questions.

Wiseguy4reel
    Can Do likes this.

@Enjayjude, ofcourse there will still be an interview(judging wat they said on their website that the test is to reduce the number for interview). @ IsiomaP , you have sponken wisely indeed..@yungnels, listen to her, lest you pour sand in everybody's garri.@Wiseguy, i respect your ingenuity(as long as you use it only for legitimate/helpful purposes like this). Anyway i saw my name on the list and i scored above 26, but i'll wait for nddc confirmation
    Wealth, Love and Happiness will flow naturally to me on a consistent basis...

Quote Originally Posted by IsiomaP View Post
    I don't think we should fold our arms but we've got 2 think b4 going der, where will u tell dem u saw d list? It's not been released officially. As soon as d list comes out on nddc website we'll go there n complain but 4 now I don't think it's a wise decision
    Thanks very much IsiomaP for being very understanding and logical in your reasoning. Let it be released and then your complain can be valid. If you go now then its very likely no one will answer you. Read the message I sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Can Do View Post
    @Enjayjude, ofcourse there will still be an interview(judging wat they said on their website that the test is to reduce the number for interview). @ IsiomaP , you have sponken wisely indeed..@yungnels, listen to her, lest you pour sand in everybody's garri.@Wiseguy, i respect your ingenuity(as long as you use it only for legitimate/helpful purposes like this). Anyway i saw my name on the list and i scored above 26, but i'll wait for nddc confirmation

Thanks for the compliment and all my skills will only be applied to make situations better and never worst.
    Can Do likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by enjayjude View Post
    Thanks, wiseguy for the info. In reference to the boldened words here quoted, do you mean to say that NDDC will be awarding scholarships to the 1089 scholars, or will the number be further pruned down at the interview stage?

Thanks.
    No in the end 200 slots of scholarship award will be shared between all the states in the Niger Delta region. So the interview will be held and aimed at further downsizing 1089 to the lucky 200 who will then be the official NDDC 2012 Foreign scholars.

Hope this helps.
    Can Do likes this.

Well there are 2 sides to the story. One you need to meet the cut off mark of 26 and the other you need to have a slot of availability in your state which is subject to how people performed in your state region. So for example if there are 160 slots for your state (based on your state's quota of crude oil production) and 159 people had above 35 then in practice the state allocation method of elimination super-seeds the cut off mark method of elimination and in such a case you more likely to be left out not because you did not meet the cut off mark for the selection, but because too many people within your state made it above you so much more that the quota for your state has been exhausted before your score could be considered as relevant to the decision.

I must say some states were more competitive than others, and similarly some state had too many intelligent people all crowded for the same award. I know states like Imo and Abia was full of brains because their scores were something else. Both criteria must work in your favor for you to be selected.

Hope this helps any one with questions.

Wiseguy4reel
    Hmmm, I see. Well, looking at the breakdown of the number of successful scholars from each state below, it's safe to assume that the competition is toughest in Delta State, albeit, further dependent on the number of slots available to each state.
    Abia 69
    AkwaIbom 141
    Bayelsa 54
    CrossRiver 41
    Delta 206
    Edo 156
    Imo 132
    Ondo 89
    Rivers 201

Anyone with info on the eventual number of awardees last year (per state, if possible) should please share.

No in the end 200 slots of scholarship award will be shared between all the states in the Niger Delta region. So the interview will be held and aimed at further downsizing 1089 to the lucky 200 who will then be the official NDDC 2012 Foreign scholars.

Hope this helps.
    Oh, thanks once again for this. So, we are looking at an average of at least 9 people per state. It is well.

Nice Job wiseguy4reel. You are good to go.
    Keep Moving.

any indication of Phd/Msc ratio?
    Wealth, Love and Happiness will flow naturally to me on a consistent basis...

The list seem to be more than 90 percent MSc especially the one of Rivers State. The PhD names that made are not more than ten.
    Does it mean that the PhD award this year from R/S will be just ten? I pray they should do something about it as the test is not a measure
    of ones academic abaility considering the nature of the test.

This is the link to last year awardees

http://nddbcng.org/shortlisted/scholarship%20list.html

+ Reply