Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Topic: My nnpc imterview

Quote Originally Posted by zinwa View Post
    Asolutely NOT NECESSARY. They won't ask for it so no need to travel with it.

poster yours was more laid back. As for me, not a single question on current affairs, personal questions, NNPC subsidiaries and history etc. I was asked why i wanted to leave my job, what i liked about my job and what i felt NNPC could do to add value to me, etc etc. Then i was asked questions based on my work experience, my discipline, etc. They wanted such basic things like what is GAAP, what is NPV, What can u use to appraise a project, etc.

They kept saying to be relaxed cos i was so jumpy but they were really nice except when they kept asking and asking questions. I felt it wont end. lol.
    pls zinwa, are you an accountant. ur question looks like.

Re: My nnpc imterview

Quote Originally Posted by zinwa View Post
    Asolutely NOT NECESSARY. They won't ask for it so no need to travel with it.

poster yours was more laid back. As for me, not a single question on current affairs, personal questions, NNPC subsidiaries and history etc. I was asked why i wanted to leave my job, what i liked about my job and what i felt NNPC could do to add value to me, etc etc. Then i was asked questions based on my work experience, my discipline, etc. They wanted such basic things like what is GAAP, what is NPV, What can u use to appraise a project, etc.

They kept saying to be relaxed cos i was so jumpy but they were really nice except when they kept asking and asking questions. I felt it wont end. lol.

Did u do ur interview today and were u in panel 3?..

God is ur strength guy.......what belongs to u will definitely come ur way....cheers

dbest
    why don't you share your experience if you did yours today.

Those of you EH. What is the procedure, did you just come in introduce yourself and start doing your presentation ? or is there a procedure ? EH , please share with us.

God will see u tru in JNA.
    U

Thank you for sharing ur experiences.I will file in details of how mine goes.My interview is slated for next week monday.

Please, i have a question for the house.What is the salary range for GTs in NNPC?Anyone with correct information should kindly assist.

Thank u all.

ocj

Mine was yesterday. Make sure u re familiar wt every detail on ur cv b/c 90% of my qtns came frm my cv. D only qtn not frm my cv was why should we employ you among many dat re seeking d same position? (gt chem eng)

I am an accountant and mine was last week Tuesday. Panel 5.
    God is good

Hello NH guys, here is my experience / testimony:

I got my invitation email on Friday evening, after giving up totally on being called, my interview was scheduled for Monday (3 days after), and guess what, I am based in London. I applied as an EH Accountant, meaning I was given a case study on which to prepare slides and presentations, and to make matters worse, I had to be at work (in London) till like 7pm on Saturday because of month-end reports. I managed to get a flight on Friday night, but at an exorbitant amount, I left for the airport straight from work on Saturday night, meaning I had to start preparing my presentation on the plane. I landed in Abuja on Sunday and managed to put something together, which I wasn't satisfied with but couldn't do better due to fatigue and time constraint. I was interviewed by panel 5, consisting of 7 interviewers from both Phillips consulting and NNPC. If you are an EH, make sure your slides are saved in a flash drive, they will provide you with a laptop computer to connect it for your presentations, you will not need a personal computer but can still go with one. After I was made to connect my flash drive and set for the presentations, they all introduced themselves and asked me to introduce myself. Note that at this point, they only want you to market yourself so, make judicious use of the opportunity, by highlighting your career achievements and experience. Do not exaggerate unduly otherwise, you will shoot yourself on the leg, because they asked me so many questions about the companies I said I had worked for and my roles.
    After the self introduction, I was told to make my presentation, and God really showed himself at this stage too, I myself couldn't believe my level of confidence. Remember that your presentation MUST be tailored towards your field, meaning I talked on how the Finance department can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the company in the case study. They asked me field-specific question and told to elaborate on some of the points as well. But in all, I saw God's favor and they told me on the spot that I did very well. Expect a question on why you want to leave your current employer for NNPC, and this was a hard one for me because they specifically asked me what I earn and why I want to leave London just to work in NNPC. The very first few minutes may be nervy but PLEASE, comport yourself asap. Your confidence matters even more than your responses under certain conditions.

As for me, I believe that God who has seen me through thus far has granted me the job, hence, I prefer to call this a testimony and shall be back to testify when I pick up my employment letter.

I wish everyone good luck and remember - trust in God, do some good homework and be confident in yourself, looking as good as possible with cool hair cut and clean shave.

We shall all testify in Jesus name!!!
    yhemy4life, Twinklestar and ydA like this.

BSF

Quote Originally Posted by Obogho View Post
    Hello NH guys, here is my experience / testimony:

I got my invitation email on Friday evening, after giving up totally on being called, my interview was scheduled for Monday (3 days after), and guess what, I am based in London. I applied as an EH Accountant, meaning I was given a case study on which to prepare slides and presentations, and to make matters worse, I had to be at work (in London) till like 7pm on Saturday because of month-end reports. I managed to get a flight on Friday night, but at an exorbitant amount, I left for the airport straight from work on Saturday night, meaning I had to start preparing my presentation on the plane. I landed in Abuja on Sunday and managed to put something together, which I wasn't satisfied with but couldn't do better due to fatigue and time constraint. I was interviewed by panel 5, consisting of 7 interviewers from both Phillips consulting and NNPC. If you are an EH, make sure your slides are saved in a flash drive, they will provide you with a laptop computer to connect it for your presentations, you will not need a personal computer but can still go with one. After I was made to connect my flash drive and set for the presentations, they all introduced themselves and asked me to introduce myself. Note that at this point, they only want you to market yourself so, make judicious use of the opportunity, by highlighting your career achievements and experience. Do not exaggerate unduly otherwise, you will shoot yourself on the leg, because they asked me so many questions about the companies I said I had worked for and my roles.
    After the self introduction, I was told to make my presentation, and God really showed himself at this stage too, I myself couldn't believe my level of confidence. Remember that your presentation MUST be tailored towards your field, meaning I talked on how the Finance department can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the company in the case study. They asked me field-specific question and told to elaborate on some of the points as well. But in all, I saw God's favor and they told me on the spot that I did very well. Expect a question on why you want to leave your current employer for NNPC, and this was a hard one for me because they specifically asked me what I earn and why I want to leave London just to work in NNPC. The very first few minutes may be nervy but PLEASE, comport yourself asap. Your confidence matters even more than your responses under certain conditions.

As for me, I believe that God who has seen me through thus far has granted me the job, hence, I prefer to call this a testimony and shall be back to testify when I pick up my employment letter.

I wish everyone good luck and remember - trust in God, do some good homework and be confident in yourself, looking as good as possible with cool hair cut and clean shave.

We shall all testify in Jesus name!!!
    Good one. Your testimony is permanent.
    As a man Thinketh so is He! What are you THINKING Now!!!

@Obogho,
    That was really a good one.
    Are you from Rivers or Delta?

@YDA and Obogho, NNPC is really in dying need of people like u guys. I served with one the NNPC's subsidiary some years back and was really shocked with experience I had. In most of the NNPC's subsidiaries, u'll see where employees took so much pride in individuality and personal aggrandisement (which is the case of so many guys invited on here and discouraging fellow forumates not to discuss or share their experiences). You guys should have a change of heart and work together with others in rebuilding Nigeria. Congrats YDA and Obogho and others who have shared their experience. May God reward u all with success as you await the outcome of ur interview. Congrats in advance!!!
    ydA and steadytrial like this.

Closed Topic
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast