+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: LASER ENGINEERING CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

LASER ENGINEERING CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

HELLO,

I JUST CHECKED MY MAIL AND GOT AN INVITATION FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH

LASER ENGINEERING CONSULTANT FOR THE POSITION OF A RESERVOIR ENGINEER.

I SUBMITTED MY CV TO THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY LAST 2008,WHEN I WAS

SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR.NOW AM WITH

GLOBACOM AND I DON`T THINK AM SO SOUND AGAIN ON WHAT I STUDIED IN

SCHOOL (PETROLEUM ENGINEERING).BECAUSE AM IN SALES DEPT.PLS SHOULD I

HONOUR THE INVITATION.I NEED PEOPLE ADVICE.THANKS

Re: LASER ENGINEERING CALLING FOR INTERVIEW

Sammie, u re good, just give it a trial if u still love to professionalize the Petroleum Engineering but if u are finding fulfillment in globalcom job jejelly continue. All the best, i always love ur contribution in this forum.keep it up

laser will definitely not pay u as much as u r earning. so if u r after the money stay were u r and build a career. whereas if u really love petroleum engineering, its a very good place to work as you have very seasoned professional

Its too early to be worried Sammie. There's nothing wrong with honoring the invitation since its just for an interview.
    You should only be worried if when you are called to start work and i believe by then, you would have had enough time to think of the right decision. Goodluck!

I found this kind of talk embarrassing and I found pepperyboy's advice even more embarrassing do you know what you are about to throw away?

Yes Glo may appear to be paying higher at the moment but what are your prospect with them in the next fifteen years that is where the real question lies.

Right now you are in sales how technical is your job to the telecoms industry? We have only three sectors in this country at the moment namely Oil and Gas, Banking and Telecommunication of this,(when there are hard times those in non technical jobs are usually the ones with the highest causalities) the first two had face their hard times what assurance do you have that telecoms is not going to face a similar feat remember there nothing special about your job forget the salary boy.

But with Reservoir Engineering you are back to where you belong. Reservoir Engineers is to the oil and gas industry what the medical doctors are to the hospitals, the lecturers to the universities, even when there is downsizing they remain and who says you are going to end up with Laser Engineering if you go there I see you in Shell, Mobil, BG or at least one of the numerous indigenous companies in the next 10 years. I can assure you that your least salary in any of these companies is 500,000k (net) I just receive a mail from Saudi Aramco doing mass recruitment do you know reservoir engineers have the highest number. I rest my case.

God has seen your service to mankind through this medium and He is about to bless you remember God works in mysterious ways.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

Sammie77

Having joy and satisfaction in your chosen career is essential. Practising your profession, I think would make you appreciate your profession and grow to the peak of your chosen career. So there is no harm going for the interview if your job allows you to do so. Remember a bird at hand is worth two in the bush. When you get the LASER job it is then you will have a serious decision to make considering exactly what you want.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

It is better 2 honour the interview and see how it goes then you can decide which one will pay you most after d consideration for d job. You have 2 consider so many things like career development, package, prospects based on ur area of interest. Best of luck. Cheers.

Sammie my man and the real guy honour it for career prospect sake laser will expose u so much that after few year with them u are sure of moving to an international producing company remain blessed
    mymymy

There is a downsizing trend in the telecom sector now and u know glo is a one-man biz...anything can happen.I suggest u honour LASER,practice ur profession bro!

I'll advice you lasser a trial cos in banking and telicom the yonger you are the better they retrennch when you are getting to the fulfilling path of ur carier but in oil and gas the older and more experience you are the better cos they count on your experience.

Sammy forget onyekaonwu and his LASER ENGINEERING CALLING FOR INTERVIEW. Continue with ur GLO. FROM UZOMAH MONEY

rev

sammie, take coolguy's advice. i bet u wont regret it.one luv!

my brodas, im in that field and it is truly fulfilling. listening to u reminds me of a mistake i almost made by wanting to accept a UBA job...i will say now that LASER is your stepping stone to greatness. wen u r exposed to several projects your experience base will grow faster than even ur counterparts in producing companies and u will be years ahead of them and then u can comfortably move to a more lucractive company.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast