+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beethoven

Topic: I want to learn MatLAB

I want to learn MatLAB

Pls house. I want to learn MatLAB or any good and latest programming language. I reside in Owerri. Your advice is needed in terms of who and where i can learn it.

Re: I want to learn MatLAB

You can start by downloading lots of study material from the internet, installing the matlab software on your system. then study it yourself pending when you will see someone to teach you. I'm currently doing same and believe me it's very very easy. best of luck

@ uchihasasuke, pls which site can one download the study materials from.
    also i thought matlab is not a freeware, so hw where you able to obtain the software.

thanks for your insight.

Matlab is a Scientific Programming/Simulation Package. It cuts accross a lot of fields in Science and Engineering, and it can do alot of things in each Scientific/Engineering field. First you need to know exactly what you want to use MATLAB for: Simulation, Programming, Graphing, Solving Differential Equations and the likes etc, and the subject you wish to apply it to as it comes with various customized modules for various scientific and engineering fields (Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Chemical, Mechanical, Mathematics, Physics, and even Accounting). It is after taking these steps that you will now start going in search of materials on the Internet.

Most of the "good" materials you will find on the Internet would have been tailored towards using Matlab to solve a particular problem/problems in a particular field. Forexample, you can find materials on the internet that shows you how to use Matlab to determine the solution to circuit parameters in various Electrical Circuits (Electrical Engineering). And within the same electrical/electronics field, you can find that discuss the role of Matlab in Electromagnetics, solid state physics, or even power systems. In chemical engineering, how to solve/simply control systems block diagrams using Matlab/Simulink, the Mass transfer phenomena using matlab, process control, Thermodynamics etc.

Remember, you have understand your need for Matlab first before finding Materials or even thinking about learning it. Good luck in your quest.

Matlab is a Scientific Programming/Simulation Package. It cuts accross a lot of fields in Science and Engineering, and it can do alot of things in each Scientific/Engineering field. First you need to know exactly what you want to use MATLAB for: Simulation, Programming, Graphing, Solving Differential Equations and the likes etc, and the subject you wish to apply it to as it comes with various customized modules for various scientific and engineering fields (Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Chemical, Mechanical, Mathematics, Physics, and even Accounting). It is after taking these steps that you will now start going in search of materials on the Internet.

Most of the "good" materials you will find on the Internet would have been tailored towards using Matlab to solve a particular problem/problems in a particular field. Forexample, you can find materials on the internet that shows you how to use Matlab to determine the solution to circuit parameters in various Electrical Circuits (Electrical Engineering). And within the same electrical/electronics field, you can find ones that discuss the role of Matlab in Electromagnetics, solid state physics, or even power systems. In chemical engineering, how to solve/simplify control systems block diagrams using Matlab/Simulink, the Mass transfer phenomena using matlab, process control, Thermodynamics etc.

Remember, you have understand your need for Matlab first before finding Materials or even think about learning it. Good luck in your quest.
    saintneo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doziej84 View Post
    @ uchihasasuke, pls which site can one download the study materials from.
    also i thought matlab is not a freeware, so hw where you able to obtain the software.

thanks for your insight.
    To download matlab study material just Google it. if you see a torrent link better for you however one must have a torrent downloader like bitcomet to be able to download using a torrent link. To buy Matlab, go to where they're selling software in your locality don't worry about the price you can afford it. I hope i was able to help in my little way

What did u study? and like the rest opined, its important u ascertain the area of application u desire! I m a chemical eng'g grad, and i modestly like to think of myself as a MATLAB expert. have an international journal on hydrogen energy credit to my name due to my contribution to one of my ex-florida based lecturer's research..my contribution was calculating some constants numerically..using MATLAB! so try and know the area first..but most important of all, u ld love it..its a great software
    I

am off to download everything i can on matlab. this is why NHJ rocks...all these gurus just sharing their wisdom for us little people thanks denizzman, uchihasasuke and beethoven....

Quote Originally Posted by dennizzman View Post
    What did u study? and like the rest opined, its important u ascertain the area of application u desire! I m a chemical eng'g grad, and i modestly like to think of myself as a MATLAB expert. have an international journal on hydrogen energy credit to my name due to my contribution to one of my ex-florida based lecturer's research..my contribution was calculating some constants numerically..using MATLAB! so try and know the area first..but most important of all, u ld love it..its a great software
    I am also a chemical engineering graduate and i'm just getting started with matlab. I pray someday i get to the level where i can consider myself expert in matlab. Thanks for your contribution......

Thanks to all for your contributions. am glad i asked for help.

Quote Originally Posted by uchihasasuke View Post
    i am also a chemical engineering graduate and i'm just getting started with matlab. I pray someday i get to the level where i can consider myself expert in matlab. Thanks for your contribution......
    u ld get there bro..
    I

+ Reply