+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

ESSO/EXXON MOBIL - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

I am writing this piece not out of prejudice, but because of a need for clarity.
    I passed d test for Esso-Mobil Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2009 & i was invited for their interview; unfortunately, i was unsuccessful, likewise everyone i know (abt 10) who partook in d interview. I am not suggesting Esso-Mobil played pranks, but that's how it seems going by d way d interview was conducted. Please is there anyone who was successful?
    SIMILARLY, I passed d test for Exxon-Mobil Recruitment 2009; unfortunately i was also unsuccessful. Though some neutral pals are still on board, there was preferential treatment to corp members who were serving/served with them. However, i learnt there are instances (i know 2 people) that even after passing your medicals, you (neutral people) could be told there is no "vacancy" for you. MOBIL, what a shame! "Politiking!"
    Also, the issue of Mobil telling us to write down our Account Numbers to collect our Transport Allowance because "they can't carry cash around" is appalling! Cus i ain't received a dime yet with regards both interviews.. Surprisingly, AGIP paid cash while conducting their Overseas Scholarship Test; this is commendable! Though, the content of their test is nothing to write home about.
    Conclusively, i implore ESSO/EXXON MOBIL to kindly be more objective. If Mobil already have their candidates for a Portfolio/Scholarship, they should PLEASE not throw it open to the public claiming "equal opportunity".
    It can be disheartening.
    Well, you may never know...
    I rest my case.
    I AM A HUSTLER!

Re: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

Good friend i agree with your write-up but whichever case we will get there, let them go ahead, we all know about these insincere acts, wish u the best, even the agip too i wonder when the result will be out, i think this ioc are highly full of deceit, but one thing is sure we will get there God's own way

Iamahustler, I totally agree with your submission.You even tried sef for them to have called you for the interview.I have written exxonmobils test before and am sure it not that its difficult.If anyone for exxon is reading this post, i suggest that they should make candidates score available to them and the criteria for shortlisting successful candidates or rejecting should be commuinicated to them.This policy of contacting only sucessful candidates is a way of chosing whom they want.

Wait....you didn't know? There's a lot of politics in Mobil. They also hate recruiting Nigerian graduates because according to them 'we're not smart enough'. If they finally recruit you, they'll put you on contract while they wait for a white man to take-over. Just keep praying sha.

Spot On Man!!! A million thumbs up to you! With the way they conduct their affairs, one gets the impression we're just recruited to act the scripts when they invite us for their stupid interviews. Checkout the scholarship interview where no reference was made to credentials, admission letters and the like. The most irritating is the childish scam concerning account numbers. Such a shame. I was a recepient of their undergraduate sholarship award. After the first four years, someone thought it wise to siphon my last year and project stipend. Wrote them a letter after graduation with my complete transcripts to no avail! I'm indeed very disappointed in the way they handle their affairs! Shame on them!
    Don't sell yourself short. Let others tell you you're not as good as you think. Then, go on ahead and prove their a**es wrong!

Reply.

I feel u guys. Thats what is obtainable with Mobil. Too bad

Mobil is such a shit company.

My brodas,
    Thumb up 2 u all.
    It is alwayz good 2 call a spade a spade.
    2 get a direct opposite of these treatment that EXXON MOBIL and their Cohort of Oil company are displaying, we must expect immediate sack of all the Nigerian in Top Management positions who are by their acts positing with pertinacious exactitude that all fingers are equal.

I dont blame them. The only hope for a common man is the Almighty,
    When ur time comes, no one can even impede ur growth rate.

let us all be strong
    S

U guys are just wrong. do not cast aspertions on a system if u dont compete favourably in that system. I may not know about ExxonMobil job recruitment, I know everything about the International Post Graduate scholarship. I know most of the awardees even before they finnished school and I know their abilities. Some of them had scholarships already from their universities before that of ESSO came. They were just better than you... admit it and not discourage other good guys that may aim for it next year.

:P :P :P :P
    Am a little bit off the chain,call me insane,but the fact remains, that am a.....

They should all go rot in hell bloody liars they are.

Guys we all have a point to prove and have done that unagueably, but lets not allow our frustration becloud our senses of reasoning and judgement....do u know the numbers of first class and 2,1s competing for this same position? it's not easy even for the recruiters if u think u r good, also know that there r many better guys out there waiting to undo u and pick the spot, instead of seat back and wait for mobil and agip to employ u go and train ur self and make urself employable to other firms...they equally pay very well.
    there's nothing like piliticking but rather favour...who ever is helped must ve helped himself uptill the final level of interview where favour singles them out......so rather than castigate just go and pray for favour and against near success syndrome
    the road to success is long and tedious. If u doubt me ask those who tried shortcuts

Subsy,
    It is not about casting aspersion. it is about time you learn to call a spade a spade.
    Stop justifying them as if you are not a Nigerian. PERHAPS you catalyse such processes in any of this mutinational, that's why you are supporting them.
    The world almost worship the nigerians out there abroad who are academically inclined, while in this country they are never given any chance to prove that they are good. someone just sits there and keep making Hasty generalization about the capability of Nigerian graduates you say we are casting aspersions.
    Let me give you a typical senario,
    A broda of mine who once served in EXXON MOBIL and did excellently well during his service was promised to be retained after his Youth service only for him to be dumped and a colleague in the same department with 2.2 was taken just because of tribal issues,
    If you want to talk about Politic in Nigeria Oli and gas industries, I must tell it to your face that you dont even know what is happening.
    I am of the opinion that in anycase who the cap fits should wear it and not the other way round.
    please be guided accordingly
    S

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast