Watching what you may ask? Watching the proceeding and the outcome of the case between EFCC lead by ABUBAKAR OMEDE and DANLADI DANIEL (AFF TEAM E IKOYI LAGOS) VERSUS PETER IRHIVBEN. A prosecution fuel by hatred and anger, greed and wickedness. A case of fictitious allegation of 56,000 (fifty-six thousand naira) that made EFCC to detained and deny me bail for 77 days, and have been battling with me for over a year now but kept it conceal from the public because their sole intension was to punish and frustrating me. Even having been fined by the FEDERAL HIGH COURT OF LAGOS FOR ILLEGAL ARREST AND DETENTION, they are still determined not to honour the decision of the court but to forge ahead with their malicious plan. Here is my story.

WHO IS PETER IRHIVBEN
Peter Irhivben is a graduate of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State in the department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry. He did his national youth service in Nassarawa Eggon, Nasarawa state where he was posted to teach chemistry in Government Senior Science School. He also owns an A-Level in Electrical installation and maintenance work and a National Diploma in Petroleum and Natural Gas Processing Technology from Petroleum Training Institute (P.T.I). He is a researcher and a tutor who teaches and prepare student for various examinations. To enables more Nigerians benefit from his work, he go on to prepared many educational teaching aids including his self-learning visual tutors, the first of his kind and a work that many student are beginning to benefits from. And to further create awareness of his work and services, he joins various forums including .com, naijahotjobs.com where he is a senior member, nigeriabestjob.com and others. Another powerful work he is compiling to meet the need of Nigeria graduate preparing to write aptitude test is BLUEPRINT MASTER APTITUDE TEST E-BOOK an e-book of answers, but this is the beginning of my story.
You can read more about peter irhivben at http://peter-irhivben..com/
HOW IT ALL BEGAN
It all began one Thursday morning, 23rd of January, 2014. I was getting ready to go to my place of work where i do my private teaching and research work at Okere-Ugborikoko road, off Giwa-Amu Junction, Okumagba Lay-Out, Warri, Delta State. That fateful morning some men walk into my compound at Araye street, off Apala Road, Okumagba Lay-Out, Warri, Delta State. They apprehend one of the neighbors and told him they were looking for peter. The confrontation was going on when i came outside, told them to leave the neighbor and invited them into my home and told them that i am peter, and if there is any problem. They told me that they where police officer and that they came because i have problem with my bank.
I make it clear to them that i notice that problem since August 2013 when i was unable to withdraw money from my account with my ATM. I went to the bank to ask the reason but i was told to go to where i open my account. I told them i open the account at keffi orientation camp, Nasarawa state in 2007 while a corper and since i finish my youth service i have not been there again and base on the security condition in the north i cannot go there, after all what is in the account is less than 3000 naira( three thousand naira).
MY ARREST AND DETENSION
The police officer took my diamond bank ATM and cheque book, my UBA ATM, my late wife ECOBANK ATM, my new DELL personal laptop, MTN Modem, flash drive, external hard disk, some of my educational teaching aids materials, and my phone. My aged parent who was present since i was leaving in a family house asked them where they are taking me to but they refuse to tell them. I was handcuff and put into a bus they came with and they drove away. On the way going i saw a friend who was driving keke from where i was put inside the bus so i quickly bring my head out and signal to him that he should follow us. When they saw he was following us, one of the police officer says he will give me slap. I was taken to the police Area Command Division, Warri, Delta State. On getting there, they put me in an office still handcuff and leave me there. After some time, a man who i later known as an EFCC officer by name DANLADI DANIEL came to ask me some questions about myself. He later said i should write them down which i did. I ask him what is really the problem since at my home they told me i have problem with my bank and now instead of going to the bank i was taken to a police station. He then told me that i was petition by one DRAGNET. He them brought a list containing some names to identify which of them i know. I demanded that i should see the petition since i have had no business dealing with the so call DRAGNET but he refuse to show me the petition. Instead i was taken to a cell in A-Division warri, and there i was lock-up in a small cell with seven other harden criminals.
MY ORDEAL CONTINUE
The whole thing was strange to me. I lost my beloved wife just 4 months after our wedding. 4 months later, while still morning my late wife, i found myself in a cell lock-up with harden criminals. The cell was so tight that we could all hardly seat comfortably at a time. The ground was wet and sticky and there was no window in the cell. It was completely dark that we had to light candle to see right in the mid-day afternoon. I was completely lost in mind, unable to eat or sleep. I was left there all through that Thursday till the following Friday morning before they could even allow my people who was contacted by that my friend that saw me on the way to the station had inform. They told me the police officer that arrested me says i am doing business with dragnet name when i am not their agent. And that it was because of me that people fail their aptitude test. I make it clear to them that it was a lie, i have never in any way claim to be an agent of any recruitment organization and what i did is private teaching. And nobody have complain to me that i made he or she fail his exam and if anyone have a cause of complain he should have directed it to me. I do not know when teaching becomes an Economics and Financial Crime in Nigeria or a crime when someone you teach fail.
Later that afternoon, the police officer came and told me that they were EFCC and they are taking me to Lagos. My parents and some of my brothers and Christian brothers where present there at the station that afternoon. They have already contacted a lawyer but i was denied access to the lawyer. They even prevent my parents to have access to me or for me to at least tell them good-bye. When my people that was present at the station asked where they are taking me to in Lagos they refuse to tell them. After all effort one of the EFCC officer only gave out a phone number they can call.
Before we left Warri, a boy came to join the bus who i later known as FEMI. They put both of us at the back seat of the bus and drove us that Friday afternoon to Lagos from Warri. Among the persons present was two mobile policemen, two EFCC officer one of which was named DANLADI DANIEL who is the prosecuting officer of the case currently from AFF(ADVANCED FREE FRAUD) TEAM E IKOYI LAGOS.
ILLEGAL ARREST AND DETENSION
On getting to Lagos that Friday evening, January 24th, 2014. they first took us to their office at Awolowo Road, Ikoyi and since it was like they are getting close for the day, we were then take to their detention centre at okotie-eboh ikoyi. One getting there, we were thrown into their cell.
I was left in EFCC cell from that Friday evening till Monday morning. On Monday morning i was call from the cell and taken to their office. They also call the other boy name FEMI and together we were taken to their office at awolowo road, ikoyi. There we were shown a petition written by DRAGNET. Then i was shown another list containing my names and the names of some other people.
The petition was based on what i contributed on nijahotjobs to a topic that was raise by a member of the house and where i also make my contribution and directed interested member of the house of my ongoing compilation, which i name BLUEPRINT MASTER APTITUDE TEST E-BOOK.
I then made a reply that based on the petition, there is nothing relating to me in this petition to warrant my arrest and detention. I restated clearly my work and those who have purchase my e-book have never complain or have cause to do so. Even if anyone should have cause to do so, there are ways to address the issues, and it is not EFCC matter. I believed EFCC is meant for something bigger and better than a mere matter consigning a book and people who purchase it. I requested to be given bail condition which is their custom but they refused. After that day on different occasion i and FEMI were taken from the cell, photograph, paraded before the media, thumb printed, intimidated and was ask to declare our foreign access. What a ridicule?
Latter as time goes on, i discovered they were using the same case file for me and FEMI.I have to agitate that i did not know this FEMI but they insist that we are working together. Another lie. They based their claim that it was the same DRAGNET that petition us, we were both from Warri and are using the same BANK (diamond bank). When i strongly refute them that their claim was wrong, and that there are thousands of people in Warri using diamond bank and that for you to see two different person using the same bank is not an excuse that they are working together, after all i open my account in keffi orientation camp, Nasarawa state. It is then the prosecuting officer named DALANDI AFF TEAM E told me that because of my stubbornness i will be punished. He said he has seen innocent people being sent to jail and he must make sure i end up in jail no matter what. The team leader ABUBAKAR OMEDE was also very angry with me, that on checking my account, they did not find any tangible money and that they should not bring to him "one one naira case".
After investigation, that FEMI agree to refund the money in his possession, an amount of about 560,000 (five hundred and sixty thousand naira). After spending about two weeks in cell, we were given bail conditions.
ILLEGAL DETENTION CONTINUES
In about a week time with the help of my brother, i was able to meet my bail condition. The other boy FEMI refunded his 560,000 naira and was granted bail. But i was refused to be granted bail even after i have meant my bail condition. The Bail Bond which was already signed by my surety was brought to me at the EFCC detention centre at Okotie-Eboh Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, which I also signed in expectation of my release from detention on the 17th day of February, 2014 to no avail. They refuse to sign it that i should drop something for them. I said i did not commit any offence to deserve what i have been made to pass through for the first place and that if they can prove i am in possession of anybody money, then i am willing to pay times 2. They told me that since i made them to spend money to arrest me and i did not want to find them anything, they are going to make me suffer.
When the pressure was mounting that they should sign my bail condition since my surety have already signed and been verified and i have also sign the bail bond, they start playing one trick after another. Sometimes they will say the file is with the team leader ABUBAKAR OMEDE. When my people get to ABUBAKAR OMEDE, he will say he did not see any file. On one occasion, they even say my file is missing, that is why they have not signed me out.
When they see that the pressure is mounting on them, to make my detention seen legal and official they quickly prepared court charge and handed it to me. They claim that since they have given me court charge my bail is no longer in their hand and that it is the court that has the right to bail me.
FIGHTING FOR MY FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT.
The court charge was handed to me on the 3rd day of March, 2014 after I had been in the detention for over thirty seven (37) days from the 23rd day of January, 2014. After serving me court charge, they refuse to present me to any court. There was no date or whatsover in the court charge i was given. The filing of the charge against me at the Lagos State High Court on the 25th day of February, 2014 is to create a false impression that the matter of my bail which they denied me was no longer in their hands and a further confirmation of the threat to me by the officers of EFCC that they have perfected a strategy of detaining people without falling foul of the breach of their fundamental rights. My brother has no option than to contact a human right lawyer. My lawyer has to sue for my fundamental right to be respected. EFCC and DRAGNET was served. On the first hearing they refuse to appear in court and so were serve again. This time they came but were pleading to be given more time to look into the file. Their lawyer claims that they are not aware that i am in their detention. The Honourable Court then Counsel to EFCC lawyer that he should liaise with his colleague in operations to ensure my release from detention on bail. On getting to their office, the team leader OMEDE and DALANDI refuse to sign my bail condition. They were visibly angry with the said directive and denied that a surety was provided for me and stated that since the case had been charged to court, my Counsel should go to the Lagos State High Court to apply for my bail. When the pressure was mounting on them by even their own lawyer, and some of the fellow team worker that this their oga will put them in trouble, he decided to bring another bail condition, something he know will be difficult to get within the nearest future, that i should bring a surety who own a house in Victoria island or Ikoyi and that the person should deposit his/her CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANY. How could someone who does not live in lagos or is from that state meet such a demand. I do not even know anybody leaving in Victoria Island, talkless of someone who have C OF O and is willing to deposit it. it was on the insistence of my lawyer to comply with the directive of THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT LAGOS that it was resolved that my lawyer should provide his Nigerian Bar Certificate to stand surety for my bail which he did on the said 11th day of April, 2014 before I was released after signing the bail bond at about 5.45pm. I was release after being unlawful detention for seventy seven (77)days.
EFCC FINED FOR ILLEGAL DETENTION AND ARREST.
After my release, the fight to have my fundamental right continues. They continue to frustrate the case by using one way or the other to adjourn the case. I was spending money, travelling nearly every three weeks or so to Lagos for the case. It was stressful, time consuming and also it was emotionally tasking.
While the case was going on they also came up with different lies. They claim i was not arrested but was invited to Lagos which i came voluntary. They also claim i was not detain, but after i made statement on friday, i was release voluntarily. Another deviation.
They claim i hack into dragnet information data base but not being able to prove it or even defined what hacking is, they change it that i am a fraudster giving people false admission into higher institution. Still unable to prove it or give any evidence, they claim i am a job scammer yet they were not able to provide a single prove. They finally came up that I use my E-Book to defraud people another malicious lies. At the end of the day, DRAGNET having been unable to sustain any of the above accusation made against me, withdraw and denied that they did not send EFCC to arrest me, that they only made a formal report.
It was clear that the arrest by EFCC lead by DANLADI DANIEL AFF TEAM E IKOYI, LAGOS did not verify and ascertain a reasonable suspicion of a definite offence committed by me before proceeding from Lagos to Warri in Delta State to unlawfully arrest me, hand-cuffed me, paraded and detained me for seventy seven (77) days in flagrant disregard of the provisions of Sections 34, 35, 36 and 41 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended. Based on the circumstances of my unlawfully arrested, harassed and detained by the misuse and abuse of power of arrest and detention by instigation through deliberate misrepresentation of facts, EFCC was fined by THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT OF NIGERIA IN THE LAGOS JUDICIAL DIVISION HOLDEN AT IKOYI, LAGOS NOW THE QUEST FOR JURIDITION OF THE CASE.
Having lost woefully due to their inefficiency, they decided to frustrate me once more and to fine one way or the other to victimize me and also to ensure I keep spending money. They went back to their file, brought out that case they had taken me to the state high court since February 2014 but refuse to present me in court and quickly fix a date in November after they lost the case at THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT LAGOS. They claim that they want to start prosecution of the case. They also claim the offence was committed in Lagos and the case should be tried there.
My lawyer argue that he did not denied them to tried the case but since i live and work in warri, the Lagos state high court lack the jurisdiction of the case. I did not live or work in Lagos so if any claim is made against me it should be tried where i live in Warri or any court in Delta State, my state of origin. But they argue that it should be tried here in Lagos because the person that wrote the petition DRAGNET office is based in Lagos and that those things which they seize from me was obtain in Lagos, another lie. The decision to decide the final place to trial the case was adjourn to January 14th, 2015.
MANY QUESTIONS FEW ANSWERS
1. What determined where a case is tried? is it where the suppose crime is committed or where the person who wrote the petition live? If someone from Kaduna for example wrote a petition against me, does the law in Nigeria stated i will be taken to Kaduna to stand trial?
2. DRAGNET in THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT had earlier denied writing any petition directed at me, but instead say they make a general complain. There is nothing in the petition that even show i offended dragnet so why will where DRAGNET based be used to determined where the prosecution should take place?
3. They wrote an account number with 14 digits that i used to dupe people up till January, 2014. We all know that account number today is 10 digit so how could i used an account number that does not exist to dupe people?
4. My diamond account have been frozen before August 2013, so how could i used an account that have been frozen since August 2013 to dupe people up till 2014?
5. How could an e-mail address that bears my name and surname purport coming from DRAGNET. How do they know my intention was to dupe when there is nothing in my e-mail that suggest such?
6. EFCC is yet to pay the fined awarded to me against them and return those things that were seize from me. Instead they decided to take me to another court but the charge never mention they collected anything from me nor did they present what was collected from me in court. If those things collected from me are not exhibit and are not going to be used as evidence against me, does it mean they now belong to EFCC?
7. They made a fictitious claim that from 2012 to 2014 i dupe a total of 56,000 naira from the public yet they did not state how many persons i dupe and how much each i dupe to amount to that sum, so how do they arrived at that figure? is it the 560,000 naira that was refund by FEMI they converted to 56,000 naira and was accusing me of duping?
8. If EFCC is determined to bring justice for a fitictious claim of 56,000 naira what about the one that accept to refund his 560,000 naira have not been prosecuted. Is it because the 56,000 naira is too small and instead of recovery it like they did in the one of 560,000 naira they decided that i should instead be punish?
9. By EFCC law when money is retrieved, it has to be refunded to the victim. Why have EFCC Lagos (ADVANCE FEE FRAUD SECTION TEAM E HEADED BY OMEDE AND DALANDI) never mention the 560,000 naira recover from FEMI. What effort have they made to return the money back to the victim or do the money now belong to them? Why are they not interested in recovering their fictitious 56,000 naira?
10. Another thing that baffles me is why are they keeping this arrest and the case secret? The arrest was never mention in their official website as they did with others and all the court proceeding have been kept hidden from the public. A so call fraudster, scammer and hacker who they travel all the way from Lagos to Warri to arrest, spend money and time and yet keep it conceal from the public? A case they have been battling for a year now and yet never appear in their website. why?
11. My account was frozen about five months before my arrest without any single evidence to warrant it. Why have they not brought any evidence up till today to justify their action? When do you look for evidence, is it after execution or before execution?
12. Is it the law that whenever there is an allegation against any citizen he must be arrested? What is the basis of the requirement for a warrant of arrest before a person can be arrested when he is not found committing an offence?
13. There is no reference to my e-Book by the EFCC in their affidavit and argument. Also there is nothing quoted from the e-Book which they have access to from the my e-mail files to show the basis of their suspicion of fraud or fraudulent activities except what they have been told instigated by those who is out to use its economic might to oppress and crush a struggling young man who has developed a book to help candidates study and pass graduate examinations.
14. EFCC has not named anyone who has been defrauded by me. They has not shown anything from the said e-Book to show the fraudulent allegation or how anyone has been defrauded by me.
15. When has teaching become a crime in Nigeria, an ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME for that matter? Is teaching part of the offence of AFF (ADVANCE FEE FRAUD SECTION) of EFCC?
16. Is the mission or vision of EFCC to victimize innocent and poor Nigeria who are trying to contribute their talent in Nigeria or to remove corruption and bring justice?
These and many other questions the public is patiently waiting to get answers
THE WORLD IS WATCHING
The hearing to decide the jurisdiction of the case was held December 9, 2014 and will be decided on January 14th, 2015 at LAGOS STATE HIGH COURT, IKEJA IN COURT 43 (Criminal Court Division). Journalist, human right lawyer, and all well meaning Nigeria who are interested in justice, fairness and the progress of the country is watching. The youth of otor-rogun, an oil producing community where i hail from is watching as well as all the youth in Delta State, Alumina of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Petroleum Training Institute and the international community is watching. Teaching is not an ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME. Stop victimizing innocents Nigeria for selfish financial gain and to show the public you are working. These are the future of Nigeria and not the problem you are asked to fight against.
(AS WRITTEN BY PETER IRHIVBEN 09096119817).