+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Topic: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Re: Chevron Nigeria Ltd: Grads & Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by akasam View Post
    Thanks for posting the job description...i'm sure most of the terms would b strange to us chem or mech engrs...pet engrs pls help us with tips on how to prepare for the skills test...and anybody with past experience should hint us on possible questions...thanks
    Going by the way this was done last year, the skills test was conducted some weeks after the aptitude test and was performed at their HQ in Lekki. Since it is supposed to be a petroleum engineering position, there were petroleum engineering questions. However, there were questions from Chemical engineering as well as Mechanical engineering (that is why the role description asks for Pet, Chem and Mech engineers). Also, there were questions from general physics.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1 View Post
    Going by the way this was done last year, the skills test was conducted some weeks after the aptitude test and was performed at their HQ in Lekki. Since it is supposed to be a petroleum engineering position, there were petroleum engineering questions. However, there were questions from Chemical engineering as well as Mechanical engineering (that is why the role description asks for Pet, Chem and Mech engineers). Also, there were questions from general physics.
    Thanks for your response...that will be helpful

as earlier stated by all concern , pls we need more dan just description of how the test looks like. anybody dat can help wt a soft copy of practise qyestion will be appreciated. no matter how hard u describe it will still be hard for many a mechanical and chem engr to comprehend. a practise question will do much.tanx house

Quote Originally Posted by abdul137 View Post
    as earlier stated by all concern , pls we need more dan just description of how the test looks like. anybody dat can help wt a soft copy of practise qyestion will be appreciated. no matter how hard u describe it will still be hard for many a mechanical and chem engr to comprehend. a practise question will do much.tanx house
    Are you asking with regards to the skills test or the aptitude test. If it is regards to the skills test, I will implore you to burn midnight candles (or generator). When I wrote the test last year, I was a chemical engineering graduate and my method of preparing was to request for my friends who had a first or second degree in petroleum engineering (or where pursuing their masters degree in pet eng) to send me their materials. it was difficult but I had to push myself. as I said earlier, the test involves options. but if I remember clearly, you would not have a choice but to answer at least one petroleum engineering question. this is my own penny's worth of advice. cheers

I got mine today...applied for EARTH SCIENTIST.... Can anybody provide the job description for Earth Scientist. Thanks

Job Reference No.: 2012-ES-01
    Job Title: EARTH SCIENTIST
    Job Description: . Analyze and interpret geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes, and aerial photos.
    . Develop stratigraphic and structural correlation and maps to identify markers and reservoirs used for analysis of flow units.
    . Work as Earth scientist in the Asset, Exploration, Geophysical and Reservoir Characterization teams to provide support for reservoir optimization.
    . Work in a multi-disciplinary project team to conduct exploration activities, reservoir characterization studies, depletion planning and new field development.

Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in Geology or Geophysics
    Required Skills: · Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
    · Strong analytical skills
    · Effective communication skills
    · Excellent interpersonal skills
    Experience One (1) – Two (2) years relevant post National Youth Service experience
    Job Type: Full Time (Regular)
    Job Category: Asset Development
    Job Location: Lagos
    Effective Job Opening Date: 4/10/2012
    Job Closing Date: 4/30/2012

For those in need of Earth Scientist job description.

wheres ur venue?

Chevron, i am waiting o0...call me 4 test o0!...abi make i fry egg 4 una?
    bigbrodanaija likes this.

Got invited for aptitude test for petroleum engineer.Please will it b aptitude test only or with petroleum engineering skills questions?

I pray Jehova see me through to the end.

@ muscovite4real, i sent u a PM, pls help ur brother.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1 View Post
    Are you asking with regards to the skills test or the aptitude test. If it is regards to the skills test, I will implore you to burn midnight candles (or generator). When I wrote the test last year, I was a chemical engineering graduate and my method of preparing was to request for my friends who had a first or second degree in petroleum engineering (or where pursuing their masters degree in pet eng) to send me their materials. it was difficult but I had to push myself. as I said earlier, the test involves options. but if I remember clearly, you would not have a choice but to answer at least one petroleum engineering question. this is my own penny's worth of advice. cheers
    are the question multiple choice (objective) of essay type question?

Quote Originally Posted by yakmut View Post
    Relax its going b in batches according to the jobs advertised, there will be a first test which is that of dragnet and a second test at their HQ in lagos, before an interview, but I assure you everything will be in quick successions in no more than 2months, i'm using the last test time they called for drilling engineers, petroleum engineers and adminiistrative staff. Just prepare for this 1st hurdle i.e.the dragnet, all the best guys
    i wanna assume u attended d last tests, pls can u share wat the skill test for pet engr looks like? au many question, in wat forms? and oda stuff dt can help. tanx in advance

+ Reply
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast