+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: ADVICE TO ALL FRESH ENGINEERS

maxweber

@chibizor, give us the addresses for Gold Gate Engineering Institute in Nigeria and how much it will cost to do those program?
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

Re: ADVICE TO ALL FRESH ENGINEERS

Thanx 4 ur advice chibuzor. I am an agricultural engineering graduate, and i want to develop my career in energy, oil and gas sector. Pls I need ur advice on what to do to achieve my ambition. Thanks for ur assistance.my email is [email protected]
    BINLADEN4LYF

Thanks 4 ur concern Chibu.Iread Mech.Engr,eager 2 learn.How do i improve in my profession?Wat package?

pls i studied mech/prod. eng, i'll be finishing my NYSC in a month time, i did a safety course with NISP(NIGERIA INSTITUTE OF SAFETY PROFFESIONALS). PLS advice me on any other course to take. tanx. [email protected]
    we av serve our nation as youth corpers, now its time 4 our nation 2 serve us wit good jobs.

Just search for gold gate engineering institute from Google. The institute is in Lagos.

hi, im online now and i would want to ask what hope for those of us who studied petroleum engineering but have been without a job three yrs after graduation. what sftware should one learn while waiting for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by chibizor

I am new on this forum but I want to just give a word of advice. I work with Amazon Energy and I also teach at Gold Gate Engineering Institute.

Please it is good to learn industrial leading software like CEASAR II, PDMS, STAADPro, HYSYS etc but that is not just all. Learning software without the background knowledge may be a waste of time and money. There are many training outfits in Nigeria who are not entirely honest with young engineers. You may not go too far career wise, if you are learning PDMS without a piping training. Likewise if you are learning CAESER II without piping stress analysis training, you are being short changed. Needless to say, there is a big difference between software and the theoretical/ practical knowledge. It is the combination of the 3 that makes you a sound engineer. I often interview several engineers who have done this software training alone but have to turn them down because they lack the background knowledge required. Don’t work for the software; make the software work for you.

I would like other people who are employed in the oil & gas to comment on this topic. Let us enlighten these young ones.
    From all the replies so far, everyone is ignoring the original point made by the poster. Everyone's talking about how to get one software training or the other but no one is considering the prerequisite background training.

Please CHIBUZOR, how/where can I possibly get trained in piping? I have already gotten the training in PDMS and Ceasar II but just as u said, there's still a missing link.
    How can I make these softwares work for me?
    [email protected]

The very thing that annoys me with all this certification and so called professional training is that they are so damn expensivve that you go thru all the headache of having to get them and then expect the juicy job to come. it is more like the whole idea of going to school. where then does the indigent come in. i am a mechanical engineering graduate and often times i wonder what do i do professionally. I checked out project management since i had smt to do with that. the price gets you all worked out. Is there hope for the fresh grad

what hope for the fresh grad cos there will always be one...

Thank you, Chibuzor. I read Mechanical Engeering, I work for one of the top Beverage coy and i have being thinking of improving myself professionsally most especially in the Oil and gas sector.
    I will appreciate it if you can advise me on which package is more applicable to me, how and were i can get the training.
    You can reach me via e-mail : [email protected]

Thank u chibuzor. Pls i want to know d training i can go 4. I studied chemical engineering

please Chibuzo i'm a mechanical engineering graduate and i want to improve on my career especially on flow analysis,stress analysis,piping,what software and training would suggest i embark on

please Chibuzo i'm a mechanical engineering graduate and i want to improve on my career especially on flow analysis,stress analysis,piping,what software and training would suggest i embark on my e-mail is [email protected]

+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast