+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: ADVICE TO ALL FRESH ENGINEERS

Re: ADVICE TO ALL FRESH ENGINEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Keleto
    thank you chibizor and other contributors .pls i read E/E (HND) but a have a PASS GRADE which have been giving me a great concern, presently, i work with a manufacturing coy.pls i want you to advice me on what i should do to enhance my future career , and any training you feel could be of great help .thanks.
    PLS MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
    I'll advise you to use your ND to go and run another HND program. This will take you only two years! You will then still have the advantage of a new graduate. The truth is that there is no any Oil and gas company that will take a Pass grade as a result. It is a standard! Even Lower Credit is going out! So the earlier for you the better. Your first degree is a prerequisite, it is not replaceable!
    "Roll your works upon Jehovah himself and your plans will be established" (Prov.16:3

Mr. chibuzo, what you are saying is very correct. I got employed last year by DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited (Deltatek/Worly Parsons). I did not get the job because I could use PDMS, I got it because I was a mechanical engr, with piping engineering training and I could use PDMS. So for any software training you are interested in, make sure you have sound background knowledge. It’s a pity we were not told all these in the university and there are only very few credible training institute in Nigeria. My heart goes to all you young graduates.

Good luck to all Nigeria University graduate. E no easy!!!!!

Am also an Engineer working with EPC coy like that. I have HND in mechanical. but immediately i finished my NYSC, i got admission in Uniport and completed my Post HND programme in Petroleum Engineering. so i have HND in Mechanical and B-Eng in Petroleum.so for u those of u that have HND, i will advice u go for post HND programme and get ur B-Eng while still working bcos it is a partime programme, and B-Eng is ur basic as far nigeria school ia concerned. those that read Mechanical and Civil should go for AutocAD training. but if u are already in the EPC coy, u better go for QMS (documentation, internal auditor or lead auditor)training. it will help u very well. but those in Mechanical, i will advice to go for radiographic traning, welding, pipe fitting. all this training will put u in a very good place and sky will be ur starting point and not ur limit. but people ignore thise things bcso they are looking for oil and gas company. welders are the highest pay in the company followed by pipe fitters and radiographers. u can work in any firm. especially if learn combination welding, Caborn steel and duplex welding. u will become superb. great Engineer
    forget

hi chibuzor i so much like ur post it touches me real good i would like us to talk so as to get ,more enlightened by u my num is 08032216459,08075927050.thank so much

hi chibuzor i like ur post u kind of honest.i sent a message to u with my phone number which i dnt know if u'v seen.anyway this is my email addy [email protected] 4 more advice on what to do as to add to my self.i studied mechanical engineering.and still much in d look out 4 job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks chibizor for your knowledgeable and wise contribution. i am iyke, a Polymer Engineering graduate who do like to improve on my knowledge particularly with regards to corrosion, maintenance and project management. what is your advice. i will like to draw from your knowledge of the industry. my email ad is [email protected] or u can call me on 07032811476 and i will call u back.i will like to have a one and one discussion with u,i reside in lagos.Thanks bro

what about graduate with a mechanical engineering backgroung in first degree? thanks
    Am just cool willing to get the best out of this site thanks

hi Chibuzor. i studied EE and presently working with an inspection company. i really like design. what trainings would you suggest for an electrical engineer who wants to be a professional
    kaey611N

Quote Originally Posted by tlayo100

Mr. chibuzo, what you are saying is very correct. I got employed last year by DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited (Deltatek/Worly Parsons). I did not get the job because I could use PDMS, I got it because I was a mechanical engr, with piping engineering training and I could use PDMS. So for any software training you are interested in, make sure you have sound background knowledge. It’s a pity we were not told all these in the university and there are only very few credible training institute in Nigeria. My heart goes to all you young graduates.

Good luck to all Nigeria University graduate. E no easy!!!!!
    Please how can one get this training in pipeline engineering cos i already got the training in PDMS but i know personally that there's still a lot to learn as regards pipe codes, joining techniques, pipe routing etc.

Without this training, one just cant fit in.

chibizor

Good advice, great minds and mentors.
    The trainings are 'very very' essential and engineering graduates are very much aware of this.
    But what of those who don't have the resources? Post HND/MSc is it small money?
    Many graduates struggle but it seems they don't bother. Hardingworking graduates indeed. Abeg no be by our power only. Well we go dey try our best.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

Hi chibuzor,pls i'm a Mech engr,pls advice me on course i can do here in naija to upgrade myself [email protected]

I can recommend Gold Gate Engineering Institute for any young engineer who is interested in oil & gas design training. I attended the training last year and it was far more than I expected. Especially the AutoCAD, piping and PDMS class.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast