+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: project management roles in nigeria

project management roles in nigeria

hey, looking to find out about project management related jobs in Nigeria. Are companies hiring qualified personnels with expertise in project planning, cost estimation and control, risk, quality and change management, business process re-engineering, business improvement etc.

I have a PRINCE2 certification with a Masters' in Project Management from the University of Hertfordshire. In addition, I am currently preparing for my Project Mgt Professional and Business Analysis certifications.

I have more than 36 months of project support and coordination experience and I am looking to get a role that would suit my qualifications back home

Re: project management roles in nigeria

Must say you have a good qualification and tangible work experience but you should note that PM is not yet that common in Nigeria in the social science sector which you belong, they mostly look for PM in Engineering or construction....so you might find it a bit difficult, nevertheless you will find it easier to get analyst or consultancy jobs in Nigeria. But the catch is that Esp for you UK trained you mite not be contented with the offer because you may want to compare it with what you can earn in UK by conversion, but you should note that we have different standard of living in both countries (like UK tax, heating bills etc) unlike Naija you have less of those...also the purchasing power is different.

Though I will not completely rule out the probability of getting a good PM job with nice pay in d social science sector but you must be ready to come back home and wait for the opportunity it mite not come fast fast as you may have to start from sumtin small OR be applying from England though must coy prefer you based in Naija when applying, OR you apply thru all dis international agency like globalcareers.com till you get one and relocate and in the mean time continue looking for a UK job but in that case pls after 6month without success in getting a professional job in UK, my opinion run bck hme b4 u get stucked in menial job and ur CV becomes more spacious as your last date of work was in 2009 and becomes more difficult, bcos no matter how hard e reach for naija u go get sumtn to kip d CV running.

Lastly, pray about it and have a focus, has I have exactly the same qualifications as you do and after some month in England without a job though my frends will kip on telln mi to stay behind do some hot jobs and sumtin will happen, I gave myself a deadline in England on not getting a job after d deadline passed, I moved to naija in feb, now I have an offer in PM with LNG (no connection in involved just online advert)

NB: what may work for you may not work for me depending on how focussed and determined you are and what your vision is and btw u and mi you CV needs polishing. All d best bro...God's blessings

@dipsyn That was very pretty and honestly words of you.You have open some hidden secret abt UK job to me.

@xavierodiachi You have a great CV and leading Ms c Course.Make a Timetable for yourself as what dipsym said and Target is what you need over there if you still find UK the best Good.Nigeria I will tell you Helps a lot.

@dipsyn I m a Graduate of Chemistry hope to go for my Master Degree in MBA or Msc Environmental Chemistry In UK.Sept.2010. Please in Summary what do u think is the best to suite the Country of ours.I will be graceful for your urgently reply.Cheer

@ CHEMISTND MSC and MBA has its different and distinct advantage and disadvantages depending on where you one to tilt towards

MSc is always advisable for sum1 with little or no experience which I know you should fall into, it gives you a great edge in your field i.e. if you are keen on becoming a chemist or sumtin related. The only problem I see is that jobs in that field are relatively scarce in Nigeria but sure you will get loads of opportunity in the UK. So the Qs is whether you have made extensive research on the job prospects in Nigeria, the kind of firm that recruit such skills like the manufacturing sector or waste mgt agency and I am sure you should knw beta and if you are OK with the flow just in case a job does not work out in the UK due to the recession you can run bck 2 naija easy. You shld note that have really streamlined yourself to that skill set and difficult to change

As for the MBA really its meant for people with loads of experience at least 5yrs and evn most good schs will not accept you without experience but the advantage is that you have diversified a bit to biz allowing you to easily fit in the commercial sector both home and abroad, you can easily get into financial organisations and d likes...so your job options become wider both in your sector and other sectors though you will still have to go in as a trainee with no experience....so it depends on how much you love your field nd blive in it OR how much you want to kip your options opened

Got to run now if you have any more Qs you can ask will respond and clarify later and thanks 4d flattery

+ Reply