+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PLS HELP, DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLICATION LETTER AND A COVER LETTER.

PLS HELP, DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLICATION LETTER AND A COVER LETTER.

Pls house, pardon my naivity and inexperience. The phrase, COVER LETTER AND APPLICATION LETTER have alway been difficult for me to differentiate, please can somebody help me out?

Re: PLS HELP, DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLICATION LETTER AND A COVER LETTER.

Guy,
    Application letter and cover letter are same,just that the context of their uses can vary.

A letter of application typically provides detailed information on why you are qualified for the job you are applying for. It explains the reasons for your interest in the specific organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences.

A cover letter is a motivational letter that serves as an introduction to the employer in order to catch the interest of the employer.
    While cover letter can also mean an application letter ,it comes in different format and purpose .They are:
    Invited cover letter which responds to a known job opening.
    uninvited cover letter which inquires about possible positions
    other uses of cover letters are loan application.

Hope ur satisfied.

Regards

Hello bros/Padi e.

Let me also add here that, a cover letter needs you to state in details, what you have done before regarding the job you are applying for and what you can do or add if given the job. Mind you, there,s no point in telling lies or exaggerating on what you have done previously cos experience and results are what the employer needs and would always count on. So, u must provide or defend the experience/results mentioned in ur letter. Then, it always ends with Yours Sincerely with your signature and full names.

It is always written in simple, straight and direct formal style in language and expression. And, ur maturity in style and usage of English also matters to ur Employer at times cos it is conditionally /or practically/ meant for experienced applicants with some years of experience and not just anybody ok- I wish u best of luck. Application letter is d commonest form of Formal letter, i hp u know ds, so be careful dnt mix it up ok.

Thank u all for ur wonderful contributions. Now i knw d difference in tense of the content. But what about d format of a cover letter? Does it have d same format wit application letter? i mean d starting style, style of address, conclusion style etc.

+ Reply