Our client is one of the largest International Oil and Gas service companies providing products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, pipeline construction and commissioning.
We are currently looking to recruit the position below
Job Position: Fishing Supervisor
Location: Port-Harcourt, Nigeria
Report to:TRS/Fishing & Re Entry Operations Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a B.Sc degree in Mechanical Engineering or its related field. MSc would be an added advantage.
- Recognized supervisory qualification and technical qualifications with oilfield rig experience as AD or higher.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with open cased hole fishing operations.
- Strong operational and technical skills
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Knowledge of relevant industry practices
- Team management and planning skills
- Good customer and employee interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of downhole tools and fishing equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Offshore/Authorities working experience.
- Oil & Gas industry linked to intervention services- Rentals/Running casing etc
- Computer literate.
- Supervise the running of and operate a full range and open cased fishing tools and whipsticks, prepare and maintain equipment and assist clients with downhole well problems and planning.
- Maintain a good understand of safety management system
- Prepare and keep accurate paper work on delivery ticket , job reports, milling reports, timesheets, tool utilization and other similar administrative form. Available on 24hr call basis to respond to client needs. Keep accurate paperworks of tools run in hole.
- Supervise the fishing operations, attend client meetings as required and determine the need and use of equipment when on the job.
- Advise client on proper procedures to perform the fishing operation and provide instruction on proper procedures.
- Assist with product sales and support function. Attend all organizations and fishing related technical training.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health,, safety, and the environment.
- Maintain good working knowledge of quality procedures and policies in accordance with weatherford IMS system in regards to job function.
- Prepare, dispatch, maintenance of down hole tools and fishing equipment ensuring they are maintained, inspected to the relevant standards and are fit for purpose.
- Operation of down hole tools and fishing equipment at customer job site.
- Liaise with customer and drilling crew on troubleshooting and job planning to ensure effective solutions are recognized and carried out.
- Assist with training and fishing tool supervisor trainees.
- Apply organizations, and where appropriate client companys, quality, health, safety & environment policy and safety management systems.
Application Deadline 23rd April, 2013