+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) recruits

Telephonw what? O my Word!!! Are they gonna be asking us if we use tobacco products or what? Abeg who knows what the telephone interview would be like? And 3 months? Men.na to go start one small business first o.

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) recruits

@wole, I beg to disagree, the telephone interview is for applicants based outside the country. However, for those based here, the next step is an interview with their recruitment agents in this case, after which the one on one interview with the BAT guys and trust me this stage involves questions from a question bank and is completely situation type questions. Successful fellas and ladies den proceed to an Assessment center and lastly, a head of function interview. Hmmm, that was a mouthful. The time duration is often about 3months. And yes before u ask, I have been down the road before.

Mehnn...d test wasn't funny at all...network problem ruin my chances of rounding up..everythin us in God hands...Baba God pls help me and my peeps in dis forum!!

I disagree with you, one Mole! Nigerian recruiting agencies & companies have adopted telephone formats since, so guys be prepared! I once had a telephone interview with Unilever last year. In fact, i was in a public bus when my phone rang and the interviewer told me to continue speaking that the noise will not hinder my grades and truthfully, i was called for the next stage after that. It was mostly personal & situation handling questions which lasted for about 30 minutes. Be prepared guys, anything can happen. The aim is to catch you unaware and unprepared to know the real you. It is well! God will help us all

@One Mole. You can disagree if you want but thats the steps i saw on their website when applying. I saved the page so I'll check it up and post it here. Its about 2 telephone interview self. 2 interviews, one wit a panel and the other wit the function unit leader.

@Wolenair and Taba, One Mole was spot on. I was called for the first interview with their consultants as at last year (Kimberly Ryan) but didn't make it past that stage. During my interview, they confirmed to me that the next stage will be another interview with the BAT HR guys. Infact, I'll advise everybody on this forum to start preparing the next stage cos from last year's experience, the interview invites came in the same week the test was closed.

For further info about the BAT selection process, you may use the link below.
    http://www.batnigeria.com/group/sites/bat_7ykm7r.nsf/vwPagesWebLive/DO7YLG47/$FILE/medMD8KYMKG.pdf?openelement

@woleonair, u really nid to learn a lesson in manners. I would not bandy words with you on this platform or any one for that matter. 'U can disagree all u want'...isn't there a finer tune to dat? Anyways, thanks @the pulse for educating him. I rarely comment but wen I do, it's often a statement of fact!

@at all. I'm sorry if i sounded harsh, it was not intentional. I was wrong@One Mole.

@ One mole et al,pls, kindly give the house an example of those situation-type kinda questions usually asked.God bless u.we appreciate ur contributions thus far.

Yesss ooo! @thepulse, please expantiate on the questions you were asked in the interview to equip ourself. Your answer is urgently required. Thanks.

@woleonair, it's okay bro, i'm equally sorry for my response. @ifykole, the situation type questions i talked about only occurs in the structured interview stage as evident in the link @the pulse very generously provided. i would however suggest that you focused on getting past the interview with their consultants first but since u insist, i'd give out a few i cud recall.
    tell us a time when you were involved in a task that failed and how you reacted to it and all.
    tell us about a time you gave an opinion on a sensitive matter be it at church, in the work place
    any regrets in life?
    sadly, those are the few things i could recall from my experience.

hope it satiates ur desires.

@ one mole-are u an alumni of LAUTECH?

+ Reply
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast