+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Topic: BAT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE, INITATION TO INTERVIEW

Re: BAT MANAGEMENT TRAINEE, INITATION TO INTERVIEW

I'm aware finance and marketing have met with the directors.

Oooookkkk,

So from the looks of things, finance, operations, marketing and HR have all done their director interviews...
    Corporate affairs....No? When is theirs? For those who have had their director interviews, did they say when they would get back to you and what the next stage of the process would be?

@Ochor they said within a week after the interview...not very certain though. What function did you apply for?

Anyone from Legal? Or no Lawyers applied this time? Plus I never encountered anything about Business services the whole while.

Corporate Affairs were asked to write two essays. No further word since then.

Corp. Affairs had their interview today. There were 4-5 candidates per function at this stage. Final outcome should be known within the next week or two.

@ jediKnerd,

So can it be assumed that for Corporate Affairs, the interviews are still selective since they are still interviewing 4-5 people?

Odds are the same number for other functions. The interview were scheduled different times reducing chances of candidates bumping into one another. Within the next couple of days tho...

And to think the general perception is that this stage is confirmatory....apparently not!

fingers crossed...

good news soon hopefully.

Hello Guys,
    I am currently a management trainee in BAT, the final guys will be resuming in March but this is my word for the people finally selected.

BAT is really a great place to work as a MT as you will get the best exposure to world class management styles, international work experience(but you have to earn this), trainings e.t.c

If you currently have a GREAT job or doing what u like, dont quit it for the programme unless

-you are prepared to work under intense pressure as there is little or no room for mistakes. We started as 9 but the ones still standing have got our stories. i have worked in a multinational before joining BAT and i know the difference

-manage serious rejection as you are being prepared to occupy roles some employees that have worked for 10 years are vieing for even with their lengthy work experience and sometimes higher academic qualifications and they are the ones that will still have to teach you the job.

-live with uncertaininty for 2 years cos those with less than 30 days to go dont know their fate yet cos i know how it feels going to work everyday and being reminded your name is in pencil

PLEASE BE SURE OF WHAT YOU WANT BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS LEAP.

Wishing all of you guys the best.

Forgot to add this,

For the guys that are yet to have the interview with the director, take it very seriously as people still get dropped at this stage. If 5 people are shortlisted for a department, the director can reject all of them if they dont satisfy what he is looking for.

During our time, all those selected to have interview with the HR director were not picked.

But the good news is if one director rejects you and if another departments still have openings you will have d chance to have another interview with the other department's director.
    NOTE: i am only saying this cos it happened during our own time

So give it your best shot and Keep praying to GOD. All the best

Word of a real Sage. Way to go Kay...(See I rhymed, Kay and way)

@oyejola, wow it seems like all dis multinationals re d same. I used to work in UL we were also 9 but now 5 and dey have taken 21 more new people(i just pray there case wont be like ours)

hw did u kno his name is kay if u dont work der jediknerd i always knew dos words of advice wer frm sum one dat was widin d box.anyway dint make it afta the AC gues God has sumfin beta for me. all of u guys still in the prog all da best.

+ Reply
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast