+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: BAT FINALLY SHORTLIST 8 SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW TO HOLD 18TH JUNE

BAT FINALLY SHORTLIST 8 SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW TO HOLD 18TH JUNE

A friend just received an email from BAT inviting her 4interview on 18th june. 8pple were copied d mail. Its over dudes

Re: BAT FINALLY SHORTLIST 8 SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW TO HOLD 18TH JUNE

its not jst 8 pple,8 pple were grouped in a batch for each day.....got d invitation too n am slotted for 17th alongside 7 oda pple.....all d best

Re: BAT FINALLY SHORTLIST 8 SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW TO HOLD 18TH JUNE

That makes the no 16 for now. it cld b more u know. its possible 8odas were also invited on 16th, 19th or even 20th june

@biggerboyze

i will really have love if u get ur figures right b4 any posting.....pls next time

oops...my bad...I'm sorry if i raised ur adrenaline

@biggerboyze

so funnyyyyyyyyyyy :P :P

Mine is on the 16th with 7 others. House, pls what shld we expect? Pls share.

@bgurl

just try to help out her,with BAT standard the interview might take this form....

If my guess is CORRECT, it normally comprises of 4 exercises: Role Play, Presentation, Interview and Group Discussion. It can be done in any order. Role Play: you will be given a normal day-to-day operation of the position you are being interviewed. Here you will "play" your role. Presentation: you will be given an article to read and present to a panel. Group Discussion: You will be given an article, this time in group, to read and discuss. Interview: Normal interview. All the above are based on assumption that it is going to be an Assessment Center, which normally takes a whole day. For the Role Play, Group Discussion and Presentation, no preparation is necessary. Be yourself. Just prepare for the Interview. I hope this helps. Goodluck to you.

are they sending the mails in batches im yet to receive mine.God Please

got a mail for the 17th
    !

Hi Guys,
    I also got the invitation but I don't have the years of experience requested.
    Is there someone else like me?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by babola
    @bgurl

just try to help out her,with BAT standard the interview might take this form....

If my guess is CORRECT, it normally comprises of 4 exercises: Role Play, Presentation, Interview and Group Discussion. It can be done in any order. Role Play: you will be given a normal day-to-day operation of the position you are being interviewed. Here you will "play" your role. Presentation: you will be given an article to read and present to a panel. Group Discussion: You will be given an article, this time in group, to read and discuss. Interview: Normal interview. All the above are based on assumption that it is going to be an Assessment Center, which normally takes a whole day. For the Role Play, Group Discussion and Presentation, no preparation is necessary. Be yourself. Just prepare for the Interview. I hope this helps. Goodluck to you.
    ......somebody is copying my posts.....lol. It's all good :P :P. The info is right, most multinational normally use this assessment center format. Here it is in detail.
    This represents the most challenging and intimidating selection process you can face. You will be judged on how you perform against other candidates who all want the job as much as you do. Learn how to excel at the in-tray exercise, role play, presentations and group discussions
    The most common type of assessment centre exercises include:

An in-tray or in-basket exercise(Role Play) asks to assume a particular role as an employee of a fictitious company and work through the correspondence in your in-tray. This exercise is designed to measure your ability to organize and prioritize work.

In a presentation exercise you will be given a topic or possibly a choice of topics and asked to make a presentation of around ten minutes with five minutes at the end for questions. This is designed to measure your presentation skills including your ability to organise and structure the information and to communicate your points clearly and concisely.

Group discussion exercises involve you working with other candidates as part of a team to resolve a presented issue. These exercises are designed to measure interpersonal skills such as group leadership, teamwork, negotiation, and group problem solving skills.

Panel interviews are regarded as a more objective means of assessing your suitability as you will be interviewed by between three and five people and therefore the decision is not reliant on just one person's opinion. In addition, they are usually more structured than a one-to-one interview as the panel need to assess all of the candidates against the same criteria.

From my experience of assessment exercise, not from BAT though, the Presentation Exercise carries more points followed by Group Discussion (please try to participate actively here. Say something even if it OUT OF POINT! ). The whole exercise takes about a day! Good luck to you!

Congrats all! I also received a mail scheduled for 18th June. Nice work guys, especially, on hints of how multinational corporations go about their interviews. However, saying that it takes the wholes contradicts the contents of the mail i received - "Please adhere strictly to your time slot." This invariably boils down to 45 minutes/per session. Anyways, i appreciate the efforts of the house in encouraging and felicitating with successful candidates. We all will get there. THIS IS IT!
    Baba niyen!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast