+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: cbl phone interview, IT Support Executive/Network & Server Administrator

cbl phone interview, IT Support Executive/Network & Server Administrator

please did anyone send application to this particular job post Title: VACANCY: IT Support Executive/Network & Server Administrator
    Post by: aicon on January 02, 2011, 05:58:10 PM.

A mail was sent to me from the company to what I suspect to be a phone interview. please anyone with relevant information? the interview is on teusday.
    thankx

Re: cbl phone interview, IT Support Executive/Network & Server Administrator

Got same but I dnt know wat to expect...All d best anyways

@kpzie: thankx...all the best to you too

Hey guyz, i got same mail but am yet to hear from them.......has anyone been called?
    I

Dint get a call o.

I got a call, the interview was short and precise! few key questions.
    Thanks.
    e

Dear All,
    Please join me and thank God, I have been accepted for the job. I first had a telephone interview and I was again invited for the second interview with the directors of the company.
    The recruiting agents did a good work.
    For the first time I am seeing certification verfication and telephone interview to make things easy for candidates and the employer. I wish other recruiters should learn from them.

I gave the telephone interview. Less than halfway through the exercise, I realized I had made a mistake by using an email address that I use for other things. Basically, there were more responses than I was prepared to handle on a daily basis (I am not a recruiter, head-hunter or HR person by trade) and some more important emails (my apologies to all job-seekers) were getting lost.

SO:
    (1) I created a new email address/user (IT-HR) and pointed/re-directed responses there
    (2) I asked (by auto-responder email) that all applicants send us their certification verification details to help us pre-qualify (and reduce) the candidates
    (3) We went online to the certification authority sites (mainly Microsoft, Cisco and CompTIA in our case) and used the provided details to check and pre-qualify applicants
    (4) I then called and interviewed the people whose certification(s) we could verify online (we stated clearly that only people who sent us verification details would be considered)
    (4) In all, there were 35 pre-qualified people. I spoke to 30 of them, personally, in conversations ranging from 3 to 15 minutes
    (5) 5 applicants could not be reached because the phone number provided did not go through (although in one case the respondent claimed it was a wrong number and then later called our office line to say he had not been contacted as promised in the email he received)
    (6) I sent my recommendations in to the principal, who then scheduled and conducted their own interviews with a representative from us on the panel (not me)
    (7) They decided and hired obyno6ix (who incidentally was my top recommendation).

I am posting this for 2 reasons:

1. During the course of this exercise one member of the house accused us of being fraudsters because we asked for verification details. I stated it in a comment under the original post and I am stating it again: verification details are given to you by certification authorities (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, etc) so that you can give them to others (usually prospective employers) to check that you actually have the certifications you say you have. Anybody can fake a JPEG.

2. We will be running another ad soon. I am hoping that we will not be accused of fraud again.

I hope that the other people who attended (or were invited for) a face-to-face interview (I know there were 5 others) will post here and/or on the original page to share their experience or at least make it known that there was no fraud or extortion.

DISCLAIMER: I asked the successful candidate to post here.

+ Reply